There are a number of support groups that meet in the Leicester / Leicestershire area.
Please click on the map locations to find out more details.
- LAFs (Leicestershire Adopters and Foster carers Support): A peer support group for adopters, foster carers and special guardians. Twitter: @LAFSgroup, email: . You need to be referred by your social worker or an existing member. LAFS provides:
- Events, activities and meet ups for parents/carers and for families
- Daily peer support via LAFS secret Facebook group
- Working with local providers to help improve services for families
- Job 29:12 national Facebook group for Christian foster carers and adopters – please contact Home for Good (www.homeforgood.org.uk ) for more information
- Special Guardians in Leicestershire – peer support network, can be found here: www.facebook.com/groups/226771768010284/?fref=gs&dti=827917837299306&hc_location=group
Run by a local special guardian, this group provides a safe place to talk and meet others who are in a similar situation who can offer support and advice.