So 2018 is now upon us. Why not start the year by getting your voice heard in government?
The Departments for Health and Education are currently consulting on the use of restraint on vulnerable children and on mental health support – two very important issues.
- Restraint: add your views on the draft guidance, which will apply to children with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, mental health needs and those living in foster placements: DH Consultation Hub. The closing date is 24th January 2018.
- Mental health support for children and young people, with a focus on earlier intervention and prevention. The Green Paper ‘Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision’ sets out three core proposals:
- Incentivise and support all schools to identify and train a Designated Senior Lead for Mental Health
- Fund new Mental Health Support Teams to provide specific extra capacity for early intervention and ongoing help
- Reduce waiting times for NHS services for those children and young people who need specialist help.
The closing date is noon on the 2nd March 2018 and the links are provided on the Gov.uk website.